Earlier this year, Angelo Robles, founder of the Family Office Association, left the organization that he brought to life to pursue a number of entrepreneurial ventures — all related to family offices. Among his latest pursuits is Angelo Robles Enterprises, which includes FamilyOffice TV. He’s also the creator of the Family Office MasterClass and speaks often on issues related to family offices. Robles spoke exclusively with Crain Currency to share what’s next for him and how he’ll be putting his knowledge of billionaires to good use.
For all intents and purposes, you were a novice when you came into the family office space. What was that experience like for you?
Approaching the family office industry as a novice was a profound journey that merged reverence with a hunger for knowledge. I immersed myself in this intricate realm. I took deliberate steps to comprehend the industry's core dynamics — practices, players, roles, services and the intricate dance of personalities. My experience unveiled how families navigate vulnerabilities while harnessing strengths, enriching my understanding of their multifaceted world.
What’s next for you?
My enthusiasm lies in illuminating unique insights about the industry and billionaire philosophies. This isn't just a transition; it's a transformative evolution. I'm embarking on a journey to create an impactful tapestry — an innovative, global resource reshaping the industry's landscape. A paramount aspect is providing families aiming for and sustaining billionaire status with unparalleled support and profound advisories.
Tell me about your MasterClasses. When do you plan to roll those out?
The MasterClasses are primed to debut in October. The inaugural "Creating or Adapting Into a Top 1% Family Office" and the "Sovereign Risk and Disaster Preparedness for Family Offices" MasterClasses are equally vital, addressing an often-overlooked yet critical aspect of resilience. The content canvas will gradually expand, covering diverse facets of family offices.
Who sparked the most interesting insights in your recent interviews?
In enlightening conversations, a few luminaries stand out as beacons of insight. Conversations with EM Burlingame, the master geopolitical strategist, unveiled the fragile fabric of our world, accompanied by actionable steps for families. Adam Robinson's profound musings and Jay Hughes' wisdom shone as gems of perspective.
You’re a global thinker, and you’re working to curate a network of global thought leaders. Why think globally for all people of wealth?
"Globality" is pivotal in an era marked by challenges spanning continents. Global challenges warrant global solutions. I advocate thinking beyond borders, as impending disruptions demand an overarching perspective. The shifts in power, mounting debts, population dynamics and escalating vulnerabilities beckon global insights. Families aspiring to continuity in a volatile world must embrace global wisdom.
You’ve been speaking your mind and not apologizing for it on social media. Why now?
In an age saturated with distractions, it's vital to maintain focus on substantial dialogues. The decision to express openly springs from a conviction that meaningful conversations demand center stage.
I welcome candid discourse that invites diverse viewpoints and stirs growth.
You’ve interviewed countless billionaires. What’s the most interesting thing you learned from them?
Billionaires, with their diverse traits and mindsets, have transformation lessons to offer. They wield extraordinary abilities — cultivating creativity, mastering organization, nurturing relationships and executing astutely. An intriguing revelation is their profound resilience — tolerating shame, criticism and embarrassment while forging ahead.
What do you want your legacy to be?
My legacy orbits around elevating the family office community. My legacy thrives on driving transformation, leaving an enduring imprint on my family, the industry and society. It's a legacy resonating with meaningful change, a tribute to a journey driven by authenticity and purpose.
Trends in health and wellness therapy for the busy professional
By DERRICK L. MILES
In today's fast-paced world, busy professionals and high-net-worth individuals often struggle to find the time to prioritize their health and wellness. With long work hours, frequent travel and other commitments, it can be challenging to access emerging therapies to give them a competitive edge.
Here are some of the emerging health and wellness therapies that I have personally experienced as a 50-plus-year-old health executive and that high-net-worth (HNW) clients are using the most via concierge visits to obtain a competitive edge:
TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- Testosterone levels naturally decline with age, leading to symptoms such as fatigue, reduced muscle mass, decreased libido and mood changes.
- Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) involves the administration of exogenous testosterone to restore levels to a more optimal range.
- HNW clients are using TRT to improve their energy levels, muscle mass, bone density, sexual function and overall quality of life.
- Peptide therapy involves the administration of specific peptides to target specific physiological pathways.
- Peptides are short chains of amino acids that play crucial roles in various physiological processes in the body.
- Peptide therapy has shown promise in areas such as anti-aging, muscle growth, weight loss and cognitive enhancement.
- HNW clients are using peptide therapy to improve their physical and mental performance, giving them a competitive edge in their personal and professional lives.
EXTRACELLULAR VESICLE THERAPY
- Extracellular vesicle therapy (EV) involves the use of small membrane-bound structures released by cells that contain bioactive molecules, such as proteins and nucleic acids. These can be transferred to recipient cells, influencing their function and behavior.
- EV-based therapies have shown promise in areas such as drug delivery, regenerative medicine and immunomodulation.
- HNW clients are using EV-based therapies to enhance their immune system, improve their physical performance, and promote tissue repair and regeneration.
Although these emerging therapies offer potential benefits, it is important to approach them with caution and consult with qualified health care professionals who specialize in these fields. While continued research and clinical trials are needed to fully understand the therapeutic applications, safety and long-term effects of these emerging therapies, HNW individuals in our network use them the most to obtain a competitive edge.